Step 10: Replace Wire Feed to Gun
1. (Photo 1) - Unplug the unit.
2. (Photo 2) - Find the kink or jam in the spool.
3. (Photo 3) - Cut the wire with a set of pliers or wire cutters.
4. (Photo 4) - Take the pliers and pull out all of the wire from the hose through the tip of the gun.
5. (Photo 5) - Keep pulling, it's long.
6. (Photo 6) - Unkink the wire and feed it back into the rollers. To do this on some machines you have to release the tension spring holding the rollers down tight on the wires. The tension bolt is pictured below. It's the spring with the wing nut on it in it's horizontal position (disengaged).
7. (Photo 7) - Check to make sure the wire is properly seated between the rollers.
8. (Photo 8) - Re-seat the tension bolt.
9. (Photo 9) - Turn on the machine and depress the trigger. Hold it down for a while until the wire comes out of the tip of the gun. This can take 30 seconds or so if your hoses are long.