Step 9: Wire Fuses to Tip/Change the Tip
If you really scorch the tip of your gun and fuse the hole closed with metal then you need to turn the welder off and replace the tip. Follow the steps and the overly detailed photo series below to see how it's done. (It's digital so I tend to take too many pictures).
1. (Photo 3) - The tip is fused closed.
2. (Photo 4) - Unscrew the welding shield cup.
3. (Photo 5) - Unscrew the bad welding tip.
4. (Photo 6) - Slide a new tip into place.
5. (Photo 7) - Screw the new tip on.
6. (Photo 8) - Replace the welding cup.
7. (Photo 9) - It's now good as new.