You can follow my simple technique and make it look richer weather your choice is modern, casual or traditional or rustic look for your area.
Step 1: Painting Walls and Color Selection
2. If not Bathroom or Kitchen are u are painting pick a pain that is matt in finish or low in gloss.
3. Paint the area that you like in the color you want.
Step 2: Pick a Wall Decor Console Table
• A Painting / Wall Art that fits atleast 40% of the wall. U can find a good one for less than $75 in Home good or marshall or target. That is what I did with this wall. I hung a painting that I like of a horse.
• Large Wreath instead of a painting. I like that because one can change then based on season. What I mean to say is cove your wall with a large piece that add character or drama to the wall.
• Decorative Wood Carving.
• Collage of Mirrors
• Collage of Picture Frame
2. Put a Console table below the painting, in the center of the room. It should be big enough to cover the length of the painting or bigger. Any kind from simple one that you get in Ikea to fancy ornate one's will look nice if coordinated well.
Step 3: Accessorize
2. Try different combination of Lamp , sculptures, bold floral arrangement, books on the Console table. In the picture i have shown Statue, books , plants arrangement or lamp candle stand and plants. Use your imagination and try anything u like.
3. What ever u do keep a color pallet in mind.