Here is a list of things that you need. It shouldn't cost you anything assuming you already have a computer, an LG-VX9900 env, and the proper usb cable for the phone.
1. BitPim v1.0.6http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitpim/files/bitpim/1.0.6/bitpim-1.0.6-setup.exe/download
2. V-Cast music driverhttp://vzamredesign.smithmicro.net/vcastmusic/Step3.aspx?modelID=22&driverFile=LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.8.1.exe
3. "Mini Arcade by Shockwave" installed on your phone (will explain in step 2)
4. Any program that can edit xml files, i use adobe dreamweaver in this tutorial. Notepad works too.
5. And of course we need some free games (always make sure they are .swf format or they will not work). You can get them from anywhere, but here's a place where you can download a few. http://www.4shared.com/dir/5873646/8b61e834/sharing.html