This method does not require the use of a press, but it is recommended.
This is a general guide that will apply to all variations of laser cases.
Similarly this will be exactly the same for any other size of laser diode.
Here is a demonstration of a completed identical laser burner module
Step 1: Getting started
- 1W 9mm / TO-5 laser diode. I use a 1W 808nm IR laser diode
- TO-5 laser diode casing
- Soldering Iron, very clean if possible
- Lead free solder if possible otherwise get the one with the highest possible tin (Sn) content.
- Joined different colored wire, 1.5mm or higher
- Correction Pen/Whiteout or any strong white dye based paint (acrylic is bad)
- flat Blade screwdriver or 5mm metal pipe
- Hammer or other hard blunt object