Introduction: How to Assemble Your Universal Spool Holder
Lay out all hardware
Press the bearings on to the printed parts
On both longer rods:
- Thread a wing nut to somewhere in the middle of each rod
- Slide the circular printed parts with two bearings until they meet the nut in the middle
- Thread another wing nut so that the circular pieces have one wing nut on each side: and tighten these against each other.
On both shorter rods:
- Thread a hex nut a couple cm in on each side of both rods
- Slide the printed stand pieces through their lateral holes
- Secure with a dome nut on each end of both shorter rods
On both longer rods
- Thread a wing nut on each end with the wings pointed towards the rod
- Slide that side of each rod into the frontal slots of each printed stand piece connected to one of the shorter rod assemblies
- Secure the pieces with wing nuts on the ends
- Close the ends with dome nuts
On each of the loose ends of the longer rods:
- Thread a hex nut a couple cm in
- Add the remaining shorter rod assembly by sliding it on to each end of the long rods
- If it doesn't slide smoothly at first, make sure the long rods are going in completely straight
- Secure with dome nuts on the ends
To adjust your filament reel:
- Twist the wing nuts of the middle bearings to move them and the circular bearings along the rods
- The ends with the wing nuts can also move along the rods to support two filament reels of any size
The parts are completely 3D printable on any 3D printer !!
Get your hardware at http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/4306
By RoboSavvy :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.