Step 6: Lips!
You can find them with blue undertones, pink undertones, purple undertones, orange undertones... and most times you don't know how they'll look on you until you actually try them on. Therefore, I wouldn't spend a ton of money on one particular shade. :D
The lip liner was just as tricky for me. I ended up finding a clear lip liner, which was a life saver. Red lipstick bleeds like crazy, and the clear lip liner kept it in place.
To apply lipstick and lip liner...
- remember that it's fine to apply foundation to your lips - it'll act as a base.
- apply the lip liner to the edges of your lips.
- you can also apply the liner all over your lips, but I didn't worry about that. It's supposed to make the lipstick last longer.
- then, apply the lipstick only to the fullest parts or your lips - don't try to get the corners of your mouth - it'll bleed and you'll look like the Joker. :P
- press your lips together and rub them together for a couple seconds and the lipstick should be applied evenly and have migrated into the corners of your mouth.
- if you feel that you have too much on, fold a piece of tissue in half and and blot your lips on it by pressing them together while the tissue is between.
- you can apply lip gloss after, if you like. I didn't worry about it!