Here are a few other tips to keep in mind to help you be successful in your quest to become a morning person…
- First, don’t drink caffeine or other stimulants after 1500 (3pm) You need to wean yourself off of them anyway, you don’t need them anymore!
- Try not to eat heavy meals after 2000 (8pm)
- Do NOT use ANY sleeping aid.
- Try not to exercise 2 hours before you plan to go to sleep
- Don’t try to fight going to sleep because you are watching TV or reading. That is what TIVO is for.
- If you feel sleepy during the middle of the day, and you can, take a few minute nap. Again, you want to wake up on your own, not with an alarm.
After a while, this will all be second nature. Enjoy your new found time!