Alright, so it's MrNintendo again. I've dropped pretty much all of my modding (except for case mods and stuff) and switched to computer design/upgrade/repair. I've seen a few Instructables on how to build a computer, but they don't really explain everything well. This is more of my area of expertise, so if there are any questions among those of you who are reading this Instructable, please leave them in the comments and I'll get to them as soon as I can. Also, I do not know everything there is to know about computers, so if those of you reading this feel that I may have left something out, send me a message or add it to the comments and I'll edit it in as soon as possible.
UPDATE: Alright guys, this is what you will be seeing when I have posted an update in the steps. No update on the intro though...
Step 1: Tools and Materials
1) anti-static wrist strap - found on many electronics websites and in most Radioshacks
2) screwdrivers - phillips and flat head (different sizes will help)
3) Arctic Silver 5 (or any other thermal grease) - only needed for those of you who are using a custom cooling system (air or water) or using a non-retail processor
4) rubbing alcohol, lint-free cloth, paper towel/napkin/whatever works - to clean the processor and heatsink contact plates (optional)
5) a pair of tweezers - just in case a small part or piece happens to drop into a small or tight space
6) power supply tester - don't want your new computer to short circuit b/c of a faulty power supply
7) extra fan screws - just in case ;) (no pun intended)
8) and most importantly... a little common sense... okay maybe more than a little
Anything that you will need to modify a component or part of a component to make it work/fit correctly