Wobbly is a 5 DOF (degrees of freedom) robot, that moves by skidding his feet on a hard surface. He also has a panning head with an infrared distance sensor to detect objects that may block it's path. He has 2 mini hobby servos for each leg, plus a micro servo for the head. It's brain is an Arduino compatible board designed especially for building robots, called the uBotino (micro-botino) controller.
To build this robot, you need the following parts:
- one uBotino V3 kit , from RobotxDesigns.ca
- four mini servos , from HobbyKing.com
- one micro servo , from HobbyKing.com
- one Sharp IR senso r plus cable , from RobotShop.com
- a piece of 1/4" scrap plywood
- five 18mm (3/4") plastic stand-offs and M3 bolts (or #4-40), from RobotShop.com
- two double AAA battery boxes
- some wires
- a few small screws , from HobbyKing.com
- some double sticky tape
You will also need a FTDI cable to program the controller. If you don't have one, you may get one that is compatible, from here .
Now start to build it!