Now having said that, there are countless of ways to build a bug zapper. It all depends on the types of bugs you're targeting and the size of the bug zapper you want to build. Also the design plays a huge part in the effectiveness of the bug zapper.
Update! For more info about how bug zappers work, you can refer to this link
I am not liable if your shock yourself or injury yourself, working with high voltages is very dangerous!!
Step 1: Tools and Materials
The materials you will need to build your bug zapper may vary from mine, but I'll tell you what I used:
- the circuitry from an old rechargeable lantern (battery and tube useless)
- a new 6V rechargeable sealed lead acid battery
- two garden plant vase dish
- 6 long wooden dowels
- a 1 yard squared 1/4" mesh wire
- my design uses a blacklight