Electronics + LEGO + sugru
Modular Vibrating Robot !
Since a couple of years I have been playing with the wonderful HEXBUG, but I started to get frustrated by the
- Shape and size : That I wasn't able to change.
- Power : the HEXBUGS are great but not very powerful little robots, I was interested in power application
- Modularity : I love modularity and the capacity of changing / tweaking things.
I was looking for a way to make something like HEXBUG, but modular and extendable...
Sugru is great for that :
- It maintains the small elements as I solder them
- It sticks to everything (pretty much) Electronics + LEGO, easy.
- Keeps my circuit / cables tidy and short-circuit proof.
- Great at connecting vibrating elements (my motor provides 6G, that's many more times more vibration than the HEXBUG)
- Makes my tiny robot super strong
- If I am not happy with the robot, I can cut sugru and recycle the parts.
This instructables was made at TechShop SF for sugru.com by Cesar Harada
So, Let's get started !!!