In this instructable, I will show you how to build your own cage for hamster (or for another animal if you want).
Here is a list of the tools that I am going to use :
- a jigsaw
- a hand drill
- a hammer
- a screwdriver
- a stapler
And, here is a list of the "building material" :
- 1m² of linoleum (30,5 x 30,5 cm) to protect planks from urine, and it's so much easier to clean this than wood.
- 2 planks of MDF/Medium Density Fibreboard (80 x 60 cm). You can choose another type of wood of course; I chose this one because it's cheaper than natural wood, and as resistant.
- 3 wooden sticks of 2m50 (3 x 3 cm). I chose to take some pine for those; but if you're not taking this kind of wood make sure you're not buying a toxic one.
- 3 wooden sticks of 2m (3 x 1 cm), made of pine.
- 2 reinforced corners of 2m50 (2,5 x 2,5 cm), made of pine.
- 2 reinforced corners of 2m (2 x 2 cm), made of beech. They are going to reinforce the structure and protect the wooden sticks from every attacks. Indeed, your hamster is probably trying to eat the pine so I chose a harder wood for the corners : beech (not toxic either).
- 5m x 50 cm of steel wine mesh . Make sure you're taking one without paint and close enough that your hamster can't go through but can use it to climb (1 x 1 cm).
Now that I've tools and materials, I'm going to start with the woodwork !