There are a lot of people that like to have something special on their desk. There are also a lot of people that like gardening, but they simply don't have where to practice it. This little desktop garden will make them all happy.
It's all built from recycled scraps, and easily found stuff.
Let's start building our own desktop zen garden, for those moments that we look away from the papers or the computer.
Step 1: Required tools and materials
Here is the list you need to prepare before you start building the zen garden.
- wood scraps - planks and sticks
- some nice rocks you can find, maximum 10cm in size
- small pebbles
- some separating material (plastic, rubber, fiber) - so the pebbles don't mix with the sand
- old newspapers
- some old paint (i found some water based)
- measuring tool (tape or meter)
- right angle
- screwdriver (manual or electric)
- sharp knife or cutter
- hand saw
- metal file
- paint brush or roller
That's about it... Let's start working!