It's all built from recycled scraps, and easily found stuff.
Let's start building our own desktop zen garden, for those moments that we look away from the papers or the computer.
Step 1: Required tools and materials
- wood scraps - planks and sticks
- some nice rocks you can find, maximum 10cm in size
- small pebbles
- some separating material (plastic, rubber, fiber) - so the pebbles don't mix with the sand
- old newspapers
- some old paint (i found some water based)
- measuring tool (tape or meter)
- right angle
- screwdriver (manual or electric)
- sharp knife or cutter
- hand saw
- metal file
- paint brush or roller
That's about it... Let's start working!
Step 2: Cut the wood and start making the box
Mine was 84,5 cm long and 14.5 cm wide, so i cut two pieces of 42 cm each.
The sticks i found were of different lengths, so i cut out two pieces of 29 cm for the box legs and another 4 pieces to make the perimeter of the container.
Use the file to smooth all the edges of the planks and the sticks.
The box legs hold the two planks together side by side, so it's easier to mount the perimeter sticks afterwards.
Attention: Please be careful not to split the wood if you have large screws. It's better if you drill the screw holes and afterwards you screw them in. It's the safe way to do it.