Step 1: Why Backup My Game?
Step 2: Materials
2. A computer (I'm using windows XP) with a CD burner
3. Win Rar http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html
4. A CD-R 700 mb 80 min blank disk Yes, you need to use regular CD-R's only I used Maxell brand
5. Padus Disk Duggler http://www.padus.com/downloads/demo.php
6. Nero 5.5 (a must) or Alcohol 120% You could use the trial versions of these if you choose
7. Other software for certain types of files can be used to burn disks but you should find what you need above as these are the most common
Step 3: Getting Started
You must obtain the iso (the game) and boot disk (i explain below) yourself. I can not tell you how to do this.
After you have it downloaded, take notice of what type of file it is. This will depend on what program is used for the burn. Most games are Selfboot, meaning they start on their own. Some games require a utopia boot disk to start, Non-self boot. Your download description should make this clear. If it requires a boot disc than just burn it normally as explained in step 4, pop it in the Dreamcast and it will load, it will tell you to insert CD. Open the Dreamcast up, take boot disk out and place your burned game in.
The most preferred method is obtaining a CDI file. Most CDI's are selfboot.
CDI or CDJ file is burned with Padus Disk Juggler
MDF MDS file is burned with Alcohol 120%
BIN CUE files are burned with cdrwin http://download.cnet.com/CDRWin/3000-2646_4-10028672.html You probably wont need this though as they are uncommon.
CCD Is mostly burned with Clone cd
Nrg file burned using Nero 5.5
Step 4: ISO Obtained. Now What?
One thing to note is the Overburn option. If the download is over 700 MB than for good measure and if your burner supports it, use Overburn.
Padus Disk Juggler needs a little configuring which I will show you how to set it up in the next step.
Step 5: Padus Disk Juggler Options
Mode: Mode 2 Offset: 0 bytes
Block: 2352 TOC: CD-DA
Misc: 'Check' :
Add post-gar to 3rd party images
Click start as soon as you have the correct settings. That's it! CD should burn without a problem!