This is a guide on how I (and how you can) carved my pumpkin, "I am IRON MAN". Feel free to use the pattern I drew. it is color coded with explanations as you move through the guide. This is challenging but can be done if you have the patience!
Step 1: What You'll Need
For this project you will need a few tools. The bulk of the work will be done with a good, quality X-acto knife. Brief reasonings for each tool are provided, with further explanation found within the instructable.
- X-Acto knife
- Serrated pumpkin carving knives (smaller knives for fine detail are best, and can be found in the over the counter pumpkin carving kits at most stores)
- Edged scooper (for scraping out the inside of your pumpkin)
- Paper and pencil (for pattern)
- Small finely tipped nail (for poking holes while transferring pattern to pumpkin)
- Sharpie or ball point pen (for pattern tracing)
- Dremel or grinding tool (to remove some pumpkin flesh)
- small fluorescent lamp (for lighting pumpkin)