If you buy a used rc car, or you just have used a rc car for a long time, you need to clean it. Debris can clog gears and minimize your rc cars performance. I recommend cleaning your rc car every other month if you drive it indoors, or every 2 weeks if you drive it outdoors. I will teach you how to clean a rc car how most rc junkies do.
Step 1: What You Will Need
You Will Need:
RC Motor Cleaner Spray
Step 2: Spray RC Motor Cleaner
Have everything disassembled and all of the electronics off (the servo is okay to keep on)
1. Go out into a well ventilated area and cover both sides of the RC car with the RC motor spray.
2. Give it time to evaporate.
3. lightly scrub the parts with the sticky residue, don't worry if all the residue doesn't come off..
Step 3: Spray GooGone
Now repeat the steps from the previous section, but now with GooGone.
1. Spray GooGone ONLY in places with the sticky residue.
2. Spread the GooGone all around.
3. Use a screwdriver or a paint scraper to get most of the residue off.
The rest of the residue will come off in the next step.
Step 4: Spread the Toothpaste
Now spread the toothpaste all around, and then scrape it with your finger. Make sure you get everything, for me, this step to 10 minutes.
Step 5: Wash
Now wet a paper towel and lightly wipe off all of the cleaners from your car. Then use a dry towel to wipe off all of the moisture.
Step 6: Finished Product
Your done! Now go install all of your electronics!