How to Clean Discs


Introduction: How to Clean Discs

About: I love sports in basketball I play point guard in baseball I play pitcher and first base in soccer I play every where. I hate people who annoy me! My favorite type of music is like rock. Some of my favorite ...

I will show you how to clean discs. This methed works about 60% of the time.

Step 1: The Pencil Thing You Will Need

What you will need to clean the disc is this pencil thing that is in the picture.

Step 2: Cover the Disk

You will need to scribble all over the disk with your pencil thing.

Step 3: Whipe It Off

Next get a paper towel and whipe off the the stuff from the disk until it is clean. (This will not allways work with your disks).



    • Clocks Contest

      Clocks Contest
    • Oil Contest

      Oil Contest
    • Creative Misuse Contest

      Creative Misuse Contest

    11 Discussions

    coo lveary cool that you dont know what it is called when it says it right on the marker i mean realy its on the FIRRST darn picture

    I do not know how it helps. I just know that it works about 60% of the time. If you want to find out how it works try looking it up on google. Another way would be to smear peanut butter on the disk it sounds like a stupid idea but that really works also.

    Jut don't try the toothpase-diet coke-peanut butter one. I tried that and my drive didn't even recognise the disc.

    It's not charcoal, it's a black waxy substance (a bit like black wax crayon). They are used for writing on non-porous surfaces like plastic and glass. I would imagine it works like polish, and the wax may lift off greasy fingerprints and other stuff like that.

    Sorry, they look like my artist's charcoal pencils to me because when I used wax pencils in chemistry they were always red.

    I think they're called china markers because dainty ladies didn't want to call them grease pencils. When they are packaged in paper for children they are called crayons. Grease pencils are made from hardened grease and/or wax impregnated with colored chalk. They are great for marking on glass or glazed ceramics. I can't imagine how or why they might work for taking scratches off of a CD but it's worth a try.

    That's an oil pencil. It's used to mark on film. You can find them in most art supply stores.

    1 reply

    Let me correct myself: they're called China Markers. It says so right on the china marker itself.

    "Pencil Thing" I don't know if I've ever seen something for sale in stores called a "Pencil Thing"

    1 reply