Step 1: Tools and Materials:
- You will need a stick, wide enough to drill conveniently. I used an actual stick, but you could use a short length of thick dowel or broom handle.
- You will also need a length of dowelling that is conveniently narrower than the stick. I used 3mm bamboo.
- A vital part of this puzzle is a narrow rubber band. The length isn't important.
- Drill (I got a new stand, which makes things a lot easier!), and a drill-bit slightly larger than the dowel. With the 3mm dowel I used a 5mm twist-bit.
- Glue - I used PVA, but you could use hot-glue if you're the impatient type.
- Sharp knife (ah, good old multi-tool).
- Wood-shaping stuff - rasp, file, sandpaper.
- A vice is useful, but not vital.