Introduction: How to Connect the DeLorme Earthmate GPS LT-20 to Your Google Earth for a Great GPS Tracking Map.
I will show you how to connect a GPS device to the popular Google Earth program, without using Google Earth Plus.
I don't have a big budget so I can guarantee that this will be as cheap possible.
Step 1: List of Software You Will Need.
These are a list of items and software you will need to make this occur:
1. Google EarthGoogle Earth download it for free at Google.
2. EarthbridgeEarthbridge a great free program that allows your GPS. To communicate with Google Earth.
3. DeLorme Serial Emulation Driver for EarthmateÃÂ® GPS Receivers which you can download for free at DeLorme.com
4. and of Course your Delorme Earthmate LT-20 GPS.
I am now going to assume you have all these programs downloaded unto your computer at this time.
The 1st thing you want to do is, to make sure your Delorme GPS device is communicating with your DeLorme Serial Emulation Driver for EarthmateÃÂ® after by opening your serial Emulator, which if installed properly, would be on your taskbar. Right click and click monitor.
This Screen will pop up now.
Step 2: 2. Right Clicking Again Your Emulator Located on System Tray You See a PORT Option
2. Right clicking again your Emulator located on system tray you see a PORT option
You will now notice com port 2 is NMEA the protocol the GPS system will use to communicate with Earthbridge, and Earthbridge to Google Earth. Com port 3 and 5 to remain OFF.
Step 3: 3. CLICK OK
3. CLICK OK
4. Open up EarthBridge
Step 4: 5. Click on the ÂPreferences Tab, and Youll Notice the Following Screen.
5. Click on the Preferences Tab, and youll notice the following screen.
Step 5: Final Step
6. Remember Com Port 2, under Connection SettingsÂ select
COM Port : COM2
Bits Per Sec.4800
Data Bits : 8
Stop Bits: 1
Flow Control: Hardware
Make sure the boxes to start Google Earth is selected is also checked.
7. Now on the bottom left select:
Connect To GPS Device. And it should start your Google Earth software.
You can change how often Earthbridge checks GPS data by 1,2, or 3 seconds, and will
Show your movement on Google Earth. Im working on a video.
This has been my 1st tutorial on anything I hope its useful and will allow you to have plenty of fun and great ideas. Images will be coming Soon.
Let me know what you think.
Dont forget to rate this site................ whatever it maybe.
If youre going to take your laptop with you, you might want to cache (store) your city map from Google Earth to your computer.
Sergio Moore Jr.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.