I really love crafting with polymer clay, since this material is very versatile. I'll show you how to construct and craft a flat polymer clay brooch, getting every motif you want. This time, I will do a gumball machine.
So grab your clay and knead yourself to happyness.
Please be aware of the potential dangers of a hot oven and sharp knives.
Last but not least, just have fun. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear.
Step 1: Material
- Clay (black and the colours you like)
- squared paper (optional, it helps me to keep my sketches symmetric)
- a pencil
- a rubber
- a pen
- sculpting tools like a toothpick or similar
- a bendable, sharp blade (optional)
- a scalpel or craftin knife
- an acylic rod, or anything similar for rolling out the clay (a pastamachine may come in handy here)
- cutters for polymer clay (optional; depends on the shapes you would like to cut)
- liquid clay
- brooch needle
- wax or baking paper (not shown)
- an oven (not shown)
- a copier (optional and not shown)
Material needed for quillings (optional):
- matching thread to ribbon and lace
- sewing needle
- strong double sided tape