For these mods you will need:
- 0.1uF Capacitor x 5
- 1uF Capacitor x 4 (or two 0.47uF caps in parallel, it should give the same results)
- 0.047uF Capacitor x 1
- 3mm LED x 1 (I bought two so I didn't have to use the one that you take out of the DS-1)
- on/on SPDT switch
- 2.4k Resistor x 1
- 20k Resistor x 1
- 1.5k Resistor x 1
- 220pf Cap x 1
- 47pf Cap x 1
1. Use a flat head screwdriver to lever off the knobs on the DS-1 then use some pliers to unscrew the nuts on the pots.
2. Unscrew the black screws on either side to provide access to the on/off switch
3. Unscrew the nuts on the input jacks
4. Undo all four screws on the base plate
5. Remove base plate, plastic to get to the circuit board.
6. Remove the screw on the LED to the top of the pedal
7. Turn the pedal on its front so you can see where the battery goes. On my pedal, I simply had to push two sides of the clips together and lift out the switch. The wires were soldered through the pedal so I unsoldered the purple and black wires and set the switch aside.
You should now be able to completely remove the circuit from the housing.