There have already been some basic tutorials on creating PanoPlanets or polar panoramas, so I thought I’d step it up with an interesting variation of a tone mapped High dynamic range (HDR) version.
These little planetoid photos are created by shooting an entire 360 degree panorama of a scene then warping it in Photoshop, using different filters. Making a HDR PanoPlanet, gives an additional hyper real feeling. This instructable will take you through the process step by step using the following pieces of software.
Photomatix Pro - HDR software
Photoshop with Flexify2 Plug-in.
The steps to create one of these images are as follows
· Shoot bracketed 360 degree by 180 degree panorama
· Process single bracketed set of photos to HDR.
· Tone map to taste.
· Batch process all photos to get individual tone mapped results
· Photo merge tone mapped images into panorama
· Level and Crop the image to 360°
· Fix the size to equirectangular proportions
· Warp the image into a PanoPlanet (Polar Panorama)
· Image Clean Up