There are many ways of making custom accessories to Lego minifigs. I will be talking about 3 different alternatives to create them.
1. Regular Lego minifig accessories-
This is just regular lego pieces put together no modifications at all.
2. Modification of Lego brand and non Lego brand parts-
This is the Modifications of Lego brand and non Lego brand pieces.
3. Also Custom sculpted clay accessories-
This is custom parts sculpted with clay for the minifig.
Step 2: Tips and Tricks before making the accesories.
It can be a sketch, item, or picture what ever you want.
2.PATIENCE! at first what your modifying or sculpting may not look good but give it time
it will work. : )
3.Revisions! It may of not came out how you wanted it but keep trying until you think you got it right.
Step 3: Regular Minifig accessories.
3 Reasons that you would use this-
1. You would only use Lego if you were making a minifig from a set in the Lego system series'.
2. Only first time people you make custom minifigs would use this but later they will
go in to making more intermediate accessories.
3.This would also be use if you don't want to damage any Lego while making customs.
The problem making custom accessories with Lego is it can be to bulky for the minifig to use.