Well I do have that feeling sometimes and now that I found the ultimate outdoor dancingfloor I thought I could use a pair of proper dancingshoe's...
That's why I made these sparkling outdoor dancing shoe's. The passion becomes really visible!
Now every street, square or pavement can be your ballroom and ofcourse it will be a new way of watching spectacular footwork..!
Step 1: What You Need
- A pair of dancing shoe's
- Fire-rocks (the ones they put in a lighter, you can buy a box at the tobacco shop) the amount of rocks you need depends on the size of your heels.
- Quick epoxy glue (this is the best glue for this job I found untill now, but I am still looking for better options)
Step 2: Sanding the Heels
Step 3: Prepare for Glue-ing
Take the fire-rocks out of their box (for this shoe's I used 12 rocks per heel).
If you want to be sure to have the rocks ready in the right position, you can already put them on a piece of tape (once you put the glue on the heel, you just have to stick the tape on and wait...)
The right order would be: flat (appears to be the strongest)
and for the really small heels like the one in the picture arranged like this:
Step 4: Mix the Glue
Step 5: Glue the Rocks On
Make sure there's enough glue in between the rocks. It can help to dip the rocks in the glue before putting them on the heel (a small piece of paper might help).
If there's to much on top of the rocks (the need to have contact with the pavemen later) wipe it of a little or cut it of later before it becomes to hard.
Put extra tape on to keep everything on its place for the first 30 minutes.
Let it dry according to the instructions in the manuals of the glue. (In my case 3 hours)
Step 6: Ready to Fire
The shoe's work best on concrete or tiles with some kind of structure.
Note: I am still trying to improve this idea, looking for ways to make it last longer. But for now, you can have a try with this technique and have fun!
Step 7: Go Out and Dance
1. Find yourself a nice open-air ballroom.
2. Invite your friends and some musicians.
3. Make yourself a thermos of hot chocolat or Gluhwein.
4. Put on your shoes and DANCE..!