I will include my .psd because this was done in Photoshop Cs6.
NOTHING says Halloween then a Jack o' lantern with a screaming face.
Step 1: Setting Up the Page.
- Open a new image 200 x 200
- Select the pencil tool with the following settings.
- Hardness, Opacity and Density = 100
- now go to "Edit" and go to "preference" and the click on "Guides, Grid, & slices"
- A pop out should appear reference the settings in picture 3
- then zoom in till you can see the pixels clearly but have enough to work.
Step 2: The Outline and Inside
P.s i set up guides down the center so that i could do half the pumpkin the flip it to make it go by faster.
- If u do it by half it starts with one pixel instead of 2 as the picture but this is perfectly equal pumpkin So look at picture 3 for the pixel by pixel placement.
- the color code for the fill is B95E22
- use the fill bucket tool to fill the inside.
Step 3: The Stem
- create a new layer
- Start with the outline using 5c341a color code
- Follow picture 1 for pixel by pixel measurements.
- then close off the bottom with 884f29 color code then fill it in with the same color
Step 4: The Re-Size
- on both the stem and pumpkin layer you will need to make Duplicate layers then merge the to duplicate layers together
- then while holding CTRL key click the pumpkin layer with the stem layer that you just merged, it should select the whole thing,
- next while holding CTRL hit T that should bring a box around you pumpkin then go to where the menu area is you should see to boxes one with a "W:" and the other next to it " H:" with both having 100% in them change both to 400% and bam re-sized.
Step 5: The Face
okay use color code B95E22
and use the pixel by pixel from picture 1
if you did it by half then you can flip
- Now make a duplicate layer of the mouth shape
- then while holding CTRL click the image on the layer panel at the bottom right then with the fill bucket full it with color code 7e4825
- then hit CTRL T and move the shape over 4 pixels to the then hold CTRL and click the layer under it the original mouth shape
- then click back on top the darker mouth shape then right click the selection and click "inverse selection"
- then click on the eraser tool and erase
- Now to make the eyes make a duplicate of both shapes for the mouth
- then merge them together.
- Now CTRL click that new layer the hold CTRL T
- now go to the top and re-size it but inputting 50% to both w and h then hold CTRL J
- then hit v and move the other eye over and bam complete.