Step 1: Materials
- Google Chrome (a browser that can be installed here.)
- Webpage Screenshot (a Chrome extension that can be installed here.)
- Someone to prank
If the webpage screenshot does NOT work, go to the Chrome Web Store and search for Webpage Screenshot.
You can also post the picture on Facebook or something but it won't be as funny.
Step 2: Go to a Website
Go to Yahoo. You may notice that now that you have Webpage Screenshot, the top will have a camera icon. It will be next to the wrench.
Click the Camera button. When you click it, it will say, " Webpage screenshot" and some buttons below it.
Click "Beta: Edit Content"
Now........ GO CRAZY!!!! I edited some stories to say my friends name, and for the fun of it, I made my name #1 in trending now. My friend went CRAZY! She was like, " YOU HACKED INTO YAHOO?!?!?!"
To make it more convincing, make sure the picture doesn't show anyone's face. Also, make sure all the spelling errors or thought to be spelling errors are corrected or added to the dictionary. It wouldn't be very realistic if your pranking your friend when suddenly, he/she sees a squiggly line. There will be TWO pictures. One is DO and the other is DON'T. Also, use their first AND last names.
In the DO picture, notice that:
- There's no spelling error squiggly thing.
- There is no random guy in the picture.
- The description of the story is goes with the title.
- It has both "Bob Sykes" first and last name.
- It does not overdo it to the point it is not realistic.
In the DON'T picture, notice that:
- There IS a spelling error.
- There IS a random guy in the picture.
- The description and the title are COMPLETELY different stories.
- It only has Bob's first name!
- It overdoes it, having repeated Billy's name a LOT.
- Bob isn't a former UFC champion, so it can be a different Bob.