Step 1: Contest Overview
Any project related to Thanksgiving posted publicly and entered in the Homemade Gifts group on the Instructables website during the month of December 2006 will be automatically entered in the Homade Holiday Gifts Project Contest. If you have questions about specific project ideas, post them as comments and we will respond publicly. Users who wish to post a project and not be considered for the contest will be given the opportunity to decline any award they might win.
How to Win
All contest entries will be judged for merit. Projects will be evaluated for at least the following:
- instruction quality, including:
- completeness (photos and text for all important steps)
- clear, concise text description including a properly summarized introduction with the motivation for doing the project and the rationale for why the project make an excellent gift.
- clear photographs (2+ megapixel preferred), use macro mode for close up shots
- use of photo-notes where appropriate
- list of parts and tools required (if appropriate)
- safety notes (if appropriate)
- technical merit
Projects not written in English will be considered at the discretion of the judges.
Project Contest Prizes:
Three projects will win your choice of one of the following:
Cuisinart 7c food processor
Dremel 400-6/90 400 Series XPR Rotary Tool Kit
Fluke 115 True-RMS Multimeter
Singer 1525 sewing machine
Five projects will win Leatherman juice S2 pocket knives laser engraved with the Instructables logo and text of your specification.
10 projects will win your choice of a water bottle or a flashlight laser engraved with the Instructables logo and text of your specification.
15 Instructables patches
May I submit multiple entries?
Yes. You may submit as many entries as you want. Each project posted to the Instructables website during December 2006 that is related to Homemade Holiday Gift giving is a separate eligible entry in the contest. Entries may also be split into multiple Instructables Projects when appropriate.
Who is eligible for the contest?
The Contest is open anyone who is 18 years or older as of their date of entry, regardless of your place of residence. (see notes in contest rules for foreign entrants).