My wife and I purchased our first house in August. One of the minor problems we noticed when we moved in was a broken slat in the blinds. We weren't too concerned with it because it had been hot glued by the previous owner and seemed to be working just fine. After a few weeks of being here the glue wore out. We spent a few weeks balancing it on the strings to make it appear closed, but it would always fall apart a few times a day. I had never thought about blinds as being something repairable, but realized something such as this shouldn't be trashed based on a single broken slat.
I did a search on Instructables and found many different things for blinds but none that involved repairing the broken slats. I found some instructions online but none with pictures. The fix is very simple and the pictures may not be necessary, but I know I would've gone into it with more confidence than I had.
Step 1: Identify the problem and intended solution
My problem is obvious. The slat is broken right in the center. Fortunately the blinds are too long for the window and there are a few extra at the bottom. The plan is to remove the broken slat and replace it from one on the bottom.