Then it fell off. It had rusted right through between the catalytic converter and the silencer.
"You know what you're going to have to do, don't you?", said Kitewife.
"No, write an Instructable!"
Step 1: Materials and tools.
- Wheel ramps or axle stands. Do NOT attempt any jobs underneath a car supported just by a jack. People die like that.
- Eye protection (unless you enjoy rust, dirt and toxic chemicals being dropped in your eyes...?)
- Metal snips.
- Jubilee clips.
- Screwdriver (flat-head, to match the jubilee clips).
- Assorted pliers, spanners and thumpy things.
- Exhaust repair paste (available from any car spares store).
- An empty tin can.