Thanks for checking out my 4th instructable! If you have any problems with the folding process, let me know and I'll try to help you the best I can!
Step 1: Preliminary square base folding
1. Have a square sheet of paper.
2. Fold and crease on the green lines. (lines are to help show where to fold.)
Step 2: Making the square base.
(Generally, the best way to understand this step is to rotate the square until it becomes a diamond, and taking the side corners and bringing them to the corner near you.)
Make sure you follow the creases you make.
Step 3: Preliminary bird base folding.
1. fold on the dashed lines. Fold the side flaps first, having the edges meet the middle line. After that, fold the top triangle area over the two flaps.
2. like so. (make sure you only fold one flap on each side, not two.)
3. unfold the top triangle.
4. flip over and repeat.
Step 4: Making the bird base.
1. take the top layer flap.
2. lift it...
3. follow the creases you make, including the top triangle crease!
4. should look like this.
5. like this, laying down.
6. flip over.
7. repeat lifting top layer flap.
Step 5: Folding the body. Pt. 1
2. So you should have this view.
3. (Same as 2) Now, fold the flap up.
4. So it should look like this now.
5. Now take the left flap, and move it back to the right.
6. And one more from the left to the right.
7. Now, you should have this view. Fold the flap up again on the dashed line.
8. And you will have this triangle.
Step 6: Folding the body. Pt. 2
3. Bring out the limb, you can do this just by gently pulling it out.
4. Flatten it.
5. Repeat on the left.