Step 1: Evaluate Your Ethics
- I did not lie during the sample request process.
- What is your intent behind acquiring free samples? Do you have an idea that could develop into a business that utilizes the products you're sampling?
- Have you ever sold something? If so, then you have acted as a business entity.
Step 2: Create a myAtmel Account
- The first caveat to ordering free samples stipulates that this benefit "(requires a company or educational/university email address)". I don't have a company, or university email address, I successfully used the email address provided by my ISP.
- A Company name is required. I operated a small business in the past and used a "doing business as" name, however the business was not licensed or officially recognized by any authorities. I successfully used this as my Company name for registration with Atmel. If you don't already have such a name I suggest using something generic like **** Technology, or **** Research.