- 100 g or more crystal powder (If you want to grow a big crystals, you should have more than 100 g)
- 100 ml distilled water (or boiled water)
- filter paper
- 2 clean jars
1. Mix the crystal powder and the water.
2. Stir until the powder stops dissolving.
3. Filter the obtained solution. Don't worry if the powder wasn't all dissolved. You should keep the powder remained on filter paper.
4. Let the solution for a while. A big crystal isn't growing a sudden.
5. Next time you'll take a look at your crystals, you'll see that there have grown many crystals there. Choose one that you like (a seed) and then put the remained crystals where you put the remained powder.
6. Filter again the solution and then put your little crystal in solution. (You may do that every time you'll see little crystals.)
7. When you see that in the jar isn't enough solution to cover the whole crystal, make some new solution as you have made the first one (I mean make the solution in a clean jar, filter it and then fill the jar that have you're crystal).
8. Growing crystals takes a lot of time, so be patient.
- You should cover your jar with something, maybe a filterpaper, because the solution can get some impurities from the air and then will grow many "parasitic" crystals
- If you want to quickly grow many little crystals, you can heat the water, but if you want to grow big nice crystals, you shouldn't do that.
- Don't put your jar on a heat source.
- Be careful not to break the crystal. (If you break it, you'll be really dissapointed, trust me.)
- Don't taste the crystals.
- If you have some small crystals sticked of your crystal, put your crystal in water and let it there until you don't see the small crystals.
- If you want to quickly grow a little crystal, you can put a little "crumb" from powder as seed.
- WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH OR TASTE THE CRYSTALS OR THE SUBSTANCES USE FOR MAKING THEM!! SOME OF THEM ARE HIGHLY TOXIC (POTASSIUM DICHROMATE, POTASSIUM NITRATE or IODINE COMPOUNDS)!!! IF YOU WANT TO TOUCH OR TASTE THEM ASK A SPECIALIST!!