Introduction: How to Install 921 T15 LED Bulbs for Backup Reverse Lights
Have you thought of adding a pair LED backup reverse lights for your car and are finding it difficult to install? Moreover, is your old car waiting to be spiced up and you don't know how to fix the new embodiments? If yes, then this installation guide might just come as a treat for you. Read below to learn a step-by-step process on how to install a newly brought pair of LED backup reverse lights in your car.
1) Open your car's trunk and remove the plastic pins that are made up of plastic material. These plastic pins actually keep a hold on the trunk liner, which runs in the sheet metal.
2) Once the pins are removed, begin by removing the connector setup, which is joined to the tail lamp setup assembly. By doing so, you are provided with more working space and can thereby easily relocate the trunk liner from the supporting wall.
3) Take out an 11mm wrench for removing the 11mm nuts (3 in number) from the inbuilt studs. These studs keep the tail lamp assembly intact with the vehicular frame.
4) Once dismantled, pull out the light assembly out of the vehicular frame. Once the light assembly is removed, you can easily see white connectors (2 in number) located on either side of the vehicular frame. These connectors are the actual connecting wires for setting up the reverse light bulbs in your car.
5) Pull out each connector and rotate it anti-clockwise to remove it from the vehicular housing.
6) Pull the old 912/921 stock bulb out from the socket.
7) In place of the old bulbs, install the new 921 912 T15 LED bulbs exactly in the same manner as the old bulbs were removed. However, make sure to check the bulbs before fixing them in.
8) Repeat the same process for the white connectors on both the passenger and the driver side.
9) Make sure to check the assembly before setting it back in the vehicular assembly. For checking whether the lights are working properly or not, turn on the car's ignition and shift the gear in R (reverse gear) to see if the lights are functioning properly or not. If not, simply remove and rotate the connector and put it back in position. As LEDs are polarity sensitive, they must be connected properly in the vehicular assembly.
Once the above steps are executed, your car is installed with a pair of brand new backup reverse LED lights!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.