Winter is a great time for snowmobiling, but a real pain since you either risk having your expensive machines stolen with ease or having to haul them inside or on the trailer to be locked up, even when you'll be using them again in a few hours.
Same goes for summertime when the same is true for ATV's, dirtbikes, or anything else you use frequently and hate having to take 20 minutes to lock the thing back up.
Here is my solution to this unbelieveably annoying problem. It takes quite some work but is incredibly effective and takes less than a minute to lock up a machine for easy un-locking when you need to use it.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- drill press
- 2" aluminum or steel fence pipe, hollow
- hacksaw (or get the guys at the store to cut it)
- some concrete
- large screws, and a drillbit the same size as the screw
- shovel (non-frozen ground) or a rented electric auger (frozen ground)
- screwdriver for the screws (i recommend using square because it's hard to strip.)
- chan or pole, length depends on how many machines you use this for
- something to attach the chain to each pole
- someone to weld whatever your attachint to the pole