My recipe of buffalo chicken enchiladas is for all of you Mexican food lovers. The recipe has a special kick to it and is not your typical enchilada. With buffalo wing sauce and sour cream ranch dip, this recipe is to die for. In about 60 minutes, this recipe will be ready to serve you and your family or friends a great meal. The recipe serves 5-6 people. So get your cooking shoes on and make sure your hungry, this is a meal that you will want to make more than once.
Step 1: Ingredients/Utensils
• 1 can condense cream of chicken soup
• 1 cup of Sour Cream Ranch dip
• 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
• ¾ cups buffalo wing sauce
• 1 pkg tortilla shells (12)
• 3 Cups Shredded Cheese
• 2 avocados
• 1 roma tomato
• 1 tsp. Cumin
• ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
• ¼ tsp. Onion Salt
• ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
• 1 large mixing bowl
• 1 small mixing bowl
• 1 cutting knife/ cutting board
• 1 spoon
• 1 13”x9” glass baking dish
• Aluminum Foil
Step 2: Getting Things Ready
2. Open the 3 cups of chopped cooked chicken. After opening the chicken, the water in the can needs to be drained. Neglecting to drain will cause soupy enchiladas.
3. Spray the 13”x 9” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
TIP: If you do not spray the pan the Enchiladas will stick to your pan and will be very hard to get out.
Step 3: Mixing Chicken
2. Measure ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce.
3. Pour buffalo wing sauce into large mixing bowl with chopped cooked chicken.
4. Mix the chopped cooked chicken with the buffalo wing sauce until the chicken is fully covered. This will give the spicy taste to the chicken so every enchilada will be spicy.
Step 4: Making the Sauce
2. Open sour cream ranch dip and put into small mixing bowl with condensed cream of chicken soup.
3. Stir the condensed cream of chicken soup and sour cream ranch dip until mixed completely.
Step 5: Making the Enchiladas
2. Spoon 2 tsp of the sauce mixture down the center of the tortilla shell.
3. Top each tortilla with ¾ cup of chopped cooked chicken and buffalo sauce.
4. Fold tortilla shell like a burrito. Place seam side down on glass baking dish. This will help the tortilla bake and keep the enchilada from opening.
5. Place filled tortilla into the 13” x 9” glass baking dish.
6. Continue to make each individual tortilla until 13” x 9” glass baking dish is full.
Step 6: Preparing for Oven
2. Wipe the outside of the baking dish for crumbs before putting into the oven. This might cause the oven to burn the glass baking dish.
3. Cut a piece of aluminum foil a large enough to cover the glass baking dish.
4. Place aluminum foil over the 13” x 9” baking dish. This will help the enchiladas to fully cook in the oven.
5. Place aluminum foiled covered dish into the heated oven.
6. Bake the enchiladas for 45 minutes
Step 7: Preparing Guacamole
1. Cut 2 avocado’s on the cutting board. CAUTION: Not using a cutting board could damage the counter top.
2. Remove the hard piece in the center of the avocado.
3. Dice the roma tomato on the cutting board. These should be very small pieces.
4. Mix roma tomato and avocado together.
5. Place 1 tsp. of Cumin, ¼ tsp of Onion Powder, ¼ tsp Onion Salt, and ¼ tsp of Garlic powder in small mixing bowl with avocado and roma tomato.
6. Stir the bowl so that all of the ingredients mix together.
7. Sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheese over top of the mix
TIP- For the guacamole to stay fresh until the enchiladas are done you can either put a tsp. of lemon juice in the guacamole or place guacamole into the refrigerator for complete freshness until served.
Step 8: Back to Enchiladas
• Remove glass baking dish from the oven with an oven mitt. CAUTION: The oven is hot and so is the glass baking dish.
• Uncover the aluminum foil from the dish.
• Sprinkle 3 cups of shredded cheese on the top of the enchiladas.
• Place aluminum foil back on the glass baking dish.
• Put the baking dish back into the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted thoroughly.
Step 9: The Final Product
• Let enchiladas sit for 5-10 minutes to let cool down.
• Cut into Enchiladas, place on plate, and top with guacamole.
• Serve to your friends and family for an enjoyable dinner.
TIP: Eat tortilla chips with guacamole.