Introduction: How to Make Butter Cookies
I was searching in instructables to make some soft cookies for my daughter. I came across Butter cookies winning recipe from Faiza007. Thanks to faiza007 for this yummy recipe. My lil one loved it lot :)
In this Ible, I shared the making of Butter Cookies in a Simple way. Since my daughter likes rainbow sprinklers, I decorated the cookies with Sugar Icing and some sprinklers on it.
Step 1: Ingredients
For Making Cookies
2 1/2 cup of Enriched All purpose flour
1 1/2 stick of unsalted Butter
3/4 cup of Sugar
1/4 tsp of Baking Powder
2 tsp of Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of Salt
For Icing Glaze:
1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp of Milk
Sprinklers for decorartion
Step 2: Make Cookie Dough
1. Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl using Electric hand mixer.
2. Add all other ingredients except flour, and combine well.
3. Add Flour gradually and mix it in speed 2 until you get the dough consistency.
4. Take the dough in air tight container and refrigerate it for an hour ( or freeze it for 30 minutes)
Step 3: Roll It, Shape It and Bake It
1. After resting time, dust the wooden board with some flour and take the flour on board. Using Rolling pin, roll out dough about 1/4 inch thickness. Shape it using cookie cutters.
2. Line the baking tray with Parchment paper, place the cookies on it.
3. Preheat Oven to 325 F.
4. Bake the cookies for about 13 to 15 minutes. ( Cookies will be pale on top and Golden brown on bottom)
5. Let them cool before Icing.
Step 4: Decorate It
1. Combine Icing sugar and milk in a mixing bowl, make it like smooth paste.(without Lumps!)
2. Use spoon to spread the icing evenly on the cookies and sprinkle some sprinklers on it.
3. Store the cookies in Zip lock bags or Air tight Container.
Step 5: Yummy Cookies!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.