Introduction: How to Make Chocolate Chips Brioches
Hi all !
In this Instructable, I'll show how to make some nice Chocolate Chips Brioches, a famous and tasty recipe of France. Of course, it is possible to make a bigger one instead of small ones, and to put something else inside. Nothing at all, fruits, pralines...
You will need some time to make theses, as the dough need to "lift" for a couple of hours.
Enjoy reading ! Please tell me if you find grammar mistakes, English is not my native language ;-)
Step 1: Ingredients
To make this simple recipe, you will need :
- 500 gr of flour, with backing powder included (the one for bread !)
- one egg
- about 60 gr of butter
- 25 cl of half-skimmed milk
- about 100 gr of chocolate chips
Before starting, leave the butter and the egg a couple of minutes (20 minutes is perfect) outside the fridge, to warm them at room temperature.
Step 2: Let's Start !
- Put 500 gr of flour (with backing power included) into a bowl
- Gently warm 25 cl of milk, with a pan or with a microwave. He just needs to be at 30-40 °C.
- Make a hole in the flour (a volcano as my mother usually says) and pour the warm milk inside.
- start mixing, and add the egg
Step 3: Add the Butter
- Add the butter. Cut it in little pieces. As it is at room temperature, it will mix nicely.
- Mix the dough with your hands. Add some regular flour in case of need.
The result should looks like this.
Step 4: Wait
Let the dough in the bowl and cover it with a blanket. Leave it somewhere in your kitchen for a couple of hours.
It will double in volume.
Step 5: Form the Buns
Ok, our dough is now ready. Add about 100 gr of chocolate chips. I use ready-made chips, but you can also use a chocolate tablet broken in small chips, or use a blender. Don't make too small chips !
Mix everything with your hands. Add a little amount of flour is the dough sticks to your hands.
I'll form small individuals buns, but you can do a bigger one if you want (you may need to use a mold)
Get an oven plate. I'll use backing paper.
Tip : wet the plate with a sponge to prevent the paper for moving !
Put the sheet of baking paper, and with your hands, form some smalls buns. Put them on the plate. They will increase in size, so let some space between them.
Put again the blanket, and leave the small buns alone again for a couple of hours...
Step 6: Baking
Ok, after about one hour, here is the result.
- Turn the oven on, 180°C, with fan if you can.
- Put the plates in the oven. I have two plates, but as my oven has a fan function, I was able to put both plates in the same time.
- Wait about 15 minutes. As my buns are quite small, 15 min is good. If your brioche is bigger, you may have to increase the time.
- Remove the buns from the oven, et voilà !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.