Step 1: What you will need:
- clay -any kind* or colour (I used La Doll Premier Lightweight Stone Clay)
- clay rolling and cutting tools and a mat to work on
- stamp, stencils or anything else you want to make an impression (Sculptey has texture making sheets and wheels)
- cling wrap (to protect mat)
- bottle the size and shape you want for your lantern
Step 2: Roll out the clay
- Take a hunk of clay and roll it out to about 0.5cm(1/4 in) thickness.
- Cut the top and bottom edges in a straight line with the desired height (in my case I made it about 9cm(3.5in)).
- Check that it is long enough by loosely wrapping it around the bottle and trim the edge.