I am not sure if that is the best name to describe this, but it is basically a cup made from air-dry clay in which you can place a tealight or small candle. I made an impression on the sides of the cup and then poked small holes in the clay allowing the light to pass through. I saw something similar done with a tin can and really liked how it looked. The candle light through the holes is subtle and the design impressed onto the clay looks nice even in daylight.
Step 1: What you will need:
- clay -any kind* or colour (I used La Doll Premier Lightweight Stone Clay)
- clay rolling and cutting tools and a mat to work on
- stamp, stencils or anything else you want to make an impression (Sculptey has texture making sheets and wheels)
- cling wrap (to protect mat)
- bottle the size and shape you want for your lantern
*check that the clay is not flammable (Crayola air-dry clay is and it warns against using it for making candle holders)