Introduction: How to Make Hand Warmers
These hand warmers will keep your hands warm in the cold. Enjoy!
Just pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds and let them cool!
Step 1: Gather Materials
- two 4 by 4 squares of fabric (you will need two squares per hand warmer)
- White rice
- sewing machine
- fabric scissors (or normal scissors)
- sharpie, pen, or pencil
Step 2: Cut
-Using your ruler measure two 4 by 4 squares and cut them out.
Step 3: Sewing
- Take the two squares and put them right sides together
- Starting 3/4 way down one side stitch the two panels together
- When you get to the last side (the one that you started on) stop about 1 inch from your starting stitch
Step 4: Turn It Inside Out
- Push the fabric through the 1 inch opening
- using a pen, pencil, or marker push the end of the the marker in to the corners from the inside making them pointy
Step 5: Fill
- Fill with white rice 3/4 of the way full (I used a funnel and a cup to fill it)
Step 6: Sew Closed
- Pinch the top closed and stitch it closed (make sure you reverse at the beginning and end)
- Finally cut the lose strings and you are done!!
- Just pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds and let it cool-