Step 3: Culinary Oil:draining and storing
- After a week drain off the oil into a clean dry jar using a sieve (for larger herbs) or cheesecloth or coffee filters.
- Taste the oil to see if the flavour is strong enough
- If you want it stronger add more herbs/spices to the oil, close the lid and place back in the sunny spot for another week.
- Repeat as needed.
- If you are happy with the flavour, pour the oil into a nice glass bottle, you can also add a fresh sprig of herb to make if look fancy.
- Store in a cool dry place or better still, in the refrigerator.