Introduction: How to Make Mutt Chow (Puppy Chow and Trail Mix)
This delicious snack, “Mutt Chow”, is easy to make and appealing to all ages. Whether you are looking for a sweet and salty snack to make for your family or serve at a party, this mix takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and is difficult to resist. “Mutt Chow” is a combination of trail mix covered in peanut butter and nutella! We decided to combine Trail Mix and Puppy Chow in order to create a unique combination that we could not find anywhere else. We hope you find our instruction set informative and helpful! Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://mail.ttu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=xrHuI6Td80K7nODA9SF_SINTSUirg9EI48i4LREI_7qTcgWY4GMWdxzNrPWkcAH16toxbV-UJCM.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wikihow.com%2fMake-%2522Puppy-Chow%2522-Snacks
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- ½ Cup of Nutella
- 1½ Cup of Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup of Margarine
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon extract
- 2 ½ Cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 1 cup of raisins
- 3 Cup of small pretzels
- 1 Large mixing bowls
- 1 Large mixing pan
- Small microwave safe bowl
- Small and Large spoon
- Measuring cup
- 1000 watt microwave
Step 1: Measure Dry Ingredients
- Measure Chex cereal, raisins, pretzels, peanuts, and chocolate candies
- Place into Large mixing pan and set aside
Step 2: Measure Wet Ingredients
- Put peanut butter, chocolate chips, margarine, and vanilla in the microwave safe bowl
Step 3: Microwave Wet Ingredients
Caution: Bowl will be HOT after microwaving, use an oven mitt to avoid burns
- Microwave ingredients for one minute, then stir
Step 4: Add Nutella
- Add 1/2 cup Nutella to melted ingredients and microwave for 45 more seconds, or until melted completely.
Step 5: Mix the Wet and Dry Ingredients
- Stir melted mixture, pour over dry mix, and mix with the larger spoon.
Step 6: Add the Powdered Sugar
- Slowly sprinkle 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar evenly over the mixture
Step 7: Stir
- Stir completely until all of the mixture is evenly covered in powdered sugar
Step 8: Refrigerate
- Cover large bowl with foil and allow to cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.