Okonomiyaki is a type of japanese dishe that's usually called the japanese pancake but it's more similar to an omelette.
There are many types of style to okonomiyaki that are from different part of japan. i will be showing you how to make the osaka style okonomiyak which is made with cabbage.
"Okonimi" means whatever you like so for this version as the title stated, it's going to be made with pork.
Step 2: Requirements
- Frying Pan
All ingredient can be purchased at your local Asian market
- Green onions
- Pork slices
- Okonomiyaki Flour
- Tenkasu(fried wheat flour)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Okonomiyaki Sauce
- Bonito Flakes(dried octopus flakes)
- Seaweed flakes
Step 3: Preparations
1) chop 300 grams of cabbage into 3cm size peices
2) chop 2 stalk of green onions
3) Slice your pork in to very thin slices(I bought my pork already sliced)
Optional: You can replace this with bacon if you prefer bacon over pork slices.
Step 4: The Mixture
These are measurement is for 2 people
1) Add 100 gram of okonomiyaki flour into a large bowl
2) Add in 1 cup of water(for every 100 gram of flour you add in 1 cup of water).
3) Mix until you get a watery consistency.
4) Add in the cabbage
5) Add in the tenkasu
6) Add in the eggs
7) Mix until everything is evenly covered
The mixture shouldnt be too watery or else it would break when it's cooking.
Step 5: Pan Frying
1) Turn the stove on to medium heat
2) Using a napkin oil the pan
3) Pour half of the mixture into the pan
4) Add the pork slices on top
5) Flip over when golden brown on the other side(This should take about 3min)
CAREFUL!: Make sure to do this as slow as possible or else it would rip apart.
6) Frie for another 3min and then turn off the stove.