This beautiful yellow is a Japanese traditional dish called Omerice. The yellow is a baked egg covering fried rice with chicken. Its collaboration of tasty fried rice and smooth, soft baked eggs is a masterpiece in Japanese food history. Because of its easiness of cooking and deliciousness of the taste, Omerice is enjoyed by many people not only in restaurant but also in each house.
The invention of Omurice dates backs to about 100 years ago. At some restaurant, Omerice was made as board for the employees working at the restaurant. Because they put Omellet on fried rice, they called it Omerice letting them together. While Omerice was enjoyed by employees, gradually Omerice got famous even the outside of the restaurant. Now Omerice is known as an easy and delicious food and enjoyed by every family in Japan. Following the steps below, you will see how wonderful Omerice is. Let’s cook it!
Step 1: Ingredients
For covering egg
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
For fried rice
1 tablespoon potato starch
5 tablespoon ketchup
Step 2: Cut Onions
1. Cut an onion in two ways.
2. Slice the half of it and cut another half in cubes. Sliced one will be used for its sauce, and diced one will be used for fried rice.
Be careful of cutting a onion When you cut a onion in each step
Step 3: Prepare Chicken
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle them on the chicken until all of the parts of the chicken are covered by salt and pepper.
2. Fry the surface of chicken. If you want to cook quickly, it is better to cover it with aluminum foil from the top and put some weight like a flat-bottom pot or kettle. It helps to bake it with equal thickness and quick doneness.
Step 4: Cook Sauce
1. Fry the sliced onion with the same pan after completing baking chicken.
2. Put consommé, salt, pepper, and water in it and boil them up until the onion becomes tender.
3. Put ketchup into the sauce.
4. Put potato starch with water to thicken the sauce.
Step 5: Cook Fried Rice
1. Prepare another pan and fry diced onion.
2. Cut the baked chicken in small cubes by about one centimeter and put them into the pan.
3. Put white rice and season it with salt and pepper.
4. Put the sauce you cook a little on the rice and mix them together.
Step 6: Cook Eggs
1. Prepare one egg and beat it up.
2. Spread the beaten egg in the pan and bake it until it gets hard.
3. Prepare wraps and spread the egg on it.
4. Beat up two other eggs and bake them with low heat until they get half-boiled.
5. Put the half-boiled eggs onto the baked egg which was made before the half-boiled egg.
6. Fold the wrap and cover the inside with hard egg.
7. Put it in the microwave and heat about 10 seconds.
Step 7: Final Step!
1. Put the fried rice on the plate and put the egg onto the rice.
2. Cut the surface of egg from the edge with a knife. Don’t cut all the way. You cut only the surface.
3. Open the egg and cover the rice.
4. Put sauce on it.