Introduction: Embordering Jean Patches
Using recycle jean material to make one-of-a-kind patches.
pair of old jeans
funny sayings or designs
Step 1: Setting Up Embordering Hoop
I have a brother SE -400. It is good for small projects.
1. Cut the jean material into the size you want and a tear away sheet.
2. Place the the tear away sheet on the bottom part of the hoop. Then the jean material.
3. Last the top piece of the hoop.
4. Snap hoop into place with the fabric and tear away sheet. Fabric should be taunt in the hoop.
5. Adjust by tightening hoop
6. Lift footer and slide hoop under needle.
7. Snap into machine.
8. Hoop and material are ready to be embordered.
Step 2: Programing Machine
In this step the pictures show how I programed the design on my patch. my machine is smaller and can only do certain sizes. Each embordery machine has different steps on how to complete this task.
1. programed first word.
4. move up. down. left or right depending on your design.
5. shows the position I like
6. programed and ready. just press start button.
7-12. doing the same steps as 1-6 for each word on my patch.
13. other stich designs I could use as a boarder around patch.
Step 3: Choosing Thread
1. Using embroidery thread from brothers company the design possibilities are endless.
Step 4: Embordering the Patch Design
Pictures 1-11 show the machine completing the program designs I had shown you in step 3.
Step 5: Removing Embroidery Hoop
Once machine stops. Unhook hoop from the machine and snap the hoop open and take out patch.
1. Back of patch with tear away.
2. Rip backing off.
3. Back of Patch after tear away sheet has been removed.
Step 6: Finished Patches
Cut patches to your desired size. They are ready to be sewn on to other items.