Hey everyone, below are the detailed plans on how to make a bloodshooter for your indie film. Remember that none of these plans are set in stone. Be creative and improvise if necessary. If you figure out a better way to build this rig, send us an [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email] or submit a video
Remember to subscribe to our weekly show, Backyard FX on iTunes
and stop by our website, Indy Mogul
for other great ideas.
Here's the complete video:
If you'd like a step by step instructable, read on:For the Blood Shooter Rig
1. Small tube of quick set epoxy.
2. A length of 1/2" diameter PVC pipe. (3in should do the trick.)
3. Plastic 1/4-turn release valve, with 1/2" female thread on both sides.
4. PVC adapter from 1/2" slip to 1/2" male thread.
5. Nylon bushing from 1/2" thread to 3/8" thread.
6. Brass bicycle valve adapter from 3/8" thread to...uh..bicycle.
7. 5' length of 3/8" inner diameter (ID) flexible hose.
8. Nylon adapter from 3/8" barbed to 1/2" male thread.
9. Nylon 3/8" barbed elbow joint.
10. Tiny rubber bands (found in the hair accessories isle)
11. Plastic wrap.
12. Empty 2-liter soda bottle. For the Blood
1. Corn Syrup
3. Red Food coloring