This video is a very detailed tutorial about how to make a clap-on, clap-off toggler circuit that can either light up an LED, or turn a 5v relay on and off. It is inexpensive, and easy to build. The parts are less than $15 if purchased off of ebay. You don't need to use all of this hardware. You can use some of the electronic bricks talked about in the video to modify your own circuit. This is a hardware based circuit, and it requires no software at all. I'll be making other tutorials in the upcoming weeks. I hope you enjoy this video. It is long, but very detailed!
In the video, I talk about the following electronic bricks, and I assemble and test as the video processes:
1) The microphone ciruit
2) The amplifier stage (To amplify the audio signal from the microphone)
3) The comparator stage (To create digital square wave)
4) The re-triggerable Monostable multivibrator stage (To turn hundreds of pulses into one single long pulse)
5) The toggler stage (Based on a JK flip-flop circuit)
6) The relay stage (To control AC devices)
I've created two other instructables on clap on/off circuits that rid the need of lots of hardware by using a programmed chip to do all the work. They can be found here:
If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them. If you have the parts, just follow along with the video, and you'll be able to re-create the circuit exactly. Remember, the parts can all be found through ebay. Thanks for watching, everyone!