Introduction: How to Make a Cloak
My daughter wanted me to make her a Cloak today.
I had a 69 cent pattern from the thrift store and some cool vintage fabric waiting for a sewing project!
Step 1: The Pattern
Time: 2 to 3 hours
Pattern B4319 Butterick
2 to 3 yards of fabric
Sewing machine and tools
1. Read the pattern directions.
2. Cut out the pattern pieces for your project.
3. layout the fabric and pattern according to the directions.
Step 2: Sewing
1. I had 4 large pieces for the cloak and 2 pieces for the hood. I also added a black lining for the hood.
2. After lining up my pieces according to the pattern directions. I pinned the pieces and started sewing the Cape first then the hood.
3. Once the hood and cape were complete. I attached the hood to the cloak.
4. Last, I attached the strings to tie the cape around the neck.
Step 3: Finishing Touches
After a few fittings, we decided to added black pipping down the front and it's finished!
Step 4: Second Cloak
When you make a Cloak for one child, another child will probably want one too! :) This is a medium size cloak from the same pattern.