Here is my project on how make a ECO desktop fan from old computer parts. This desktop fan will reduce your cooling expense. This fan only uses 4 watts!! of energy when compare to regular desk fan which uses about 26 watts or more.
1. PC case fan or Power supply fan (PSU fan spins slower so case fan is preffered)
2. Old harddrive
3. PSU on/off switch
4. Electrical wires (scrap from old PSU)
5. Piece of electrical grounds wire (use for support
6. Piece of tv cable wire (not necessary)
7. 12 Volt adapter or a working pc PSU
8. Clothes hanger
Note: PSU means Power supply unit which is found in a computer.
2. Wire cutter
3. Wire stripper
4. Soldering iron
5. Solder wire
7. Electrical tape
9. Philips and Flat head screw driver.
Step 1: Step 1: Preparation
1. Remove wires that you are going to use from the psu or if you have other wires that can be use.
2. Dismantle the harddrive, remember that there are usually hidden screws under the label.
3. Wrap electrical grounds wire around the fan. This will prevent the fan from shifting left or right.
4. Cut electrical grounds wire to length.