1. PC case fan or Power supply fan (PSU fan spins slower so case fan is preffered)
2. Old harddrive
3. PSU on/off switch
4. Electrical wires (scrap from old PSU)
5. Piece of electrical grounds wire (use for support
6. Piece of tv cable wire (not necessary)
7. 12 Volt adapter or a working pc PSU
8. Clothes hanger
Note: PSU means Power supply unit which is found in a computer.
2. Wire cutter
3. Wire stripper
4. Soldering iron
5. Solder wire
7. Electrical tape
9. Philips and Flat head screw driver.
Step 1: Step 1: Preparation
2. Dismantle the harddrive, remember that there are usually hidden screws under the label.
3. Wrap electrical grounds wire around the fan. This will prevent the fan from shifting left or right.
4. Cut electrical grounds wire to length.
Step 2: Step 2: Preparation Cont..
2. Drill hole in the harddrive housing for on/off switch.
3. Wrap wires together then insert them in the harddrive housing.
4. Solder power wire to switch. (cut only the red wire)
Step 3: Step 3: Harddrive circuit board
make contact with the circuit board. Use a flat head screw driver to scratch the contact from the
circuit board. This will prevent the circuit board from powering up.
2. Solder positive and negative to the connector .
3. Test to ensure that everything is working.
You may use a 12v adapter or a working PSU to power your fan.